Keep Records of Your Pets’ Vaccines

Whether you live on the Gulf Coast where storm season always brings its share of evacuations, in the Mid-West with abundant tornados, or the West Coast with fire evacuations, you need to be ready to leave in a hurry and will need to take your pets with you. In order to stay in a shelter and many hotels, you will need proof of vaccinations for your animals. Most states also require regular rabies shot updates for any mammals you keep as pets. Rabies clinics are usually available through your local state or county health agency. Although you will need an official vaccination certificate readily available in case of emergencies, it doesn’t hurt to also keep an ongoing health record for each of your pets to document their care. Below is a PDF form you are welcome to download for free.